Discuss the main points of the debate, what stance you take, support that stance, and discuss the opposing argument. Also discuss an ethical theory that would apply to defend your view.
To complete each scenario assignment:
- Complete the entire scenario.
- Compose your reflection in a Word document and be sure to address, at a minimum, the following questions:
- Why do you feel the way you do about the issue presented?
- Of the four responses offered in the scenario, which do you think is the most ethical and why?
- Support your conclusions with evidence and specific examples from the textbook, including a minimum of one theory of ethics to defend your stance.
- Your reflection must be 1-2 pages in length and follow APA formatting and citation guidelines as appropriate, making sure to cite at least two sources
Learning Scenario Reflection (1) Criteria Ratings Pts Identification of Main Issues 20 to >15.8 ptsIdentifies and demonstrates a sophisticated understanding of the main issues in the scenario.15.8 to >11.8 ptsIdentifies and demonstrates an accomplished understanding of some of the issues in the scenario.11.8 to >0 ptsDoes not identify an acceptable understanding of of the issues in the scenario. / 20 pts Links to Course Readings, Theories, and Additional Research 20 to >15.8 ptsMakes appropriate and powerful connections between identified issues and the concepts and theories studied in the course readings and presentations; supplements the reflection with relevant and thoughtful research and documents all sources of information, conclusions with evidence and specific examples from the textbook, including a minimum of one theory of ethics to defend points made.15.8 to >11.8 ptsMakes somewhat vague connections between identified issues and concepts studied in readings and presentations; supplements the reflection with limited research.11.8 to >0 ptsMakes inappropriate or little connection between issues identified and the concepts studied in the readings; supplements the reflection, if at all, with incomplete research and documentation. / 20 pts Writing Mechanics and APA Formatting Guidelines 10 to >7.9 ptsThe assignment follows current APA style format consistently and is free from errors in formatting, citation, and references. No grammatical, spelling, or punctuation errors. All sources are cited and referenced correctly.7.9 to >5.9 ptsThe assignment follows current APA style format consistently with only isolated and inconsistent mistakes and/or has a few grammatical, spelling, or punctuation errors. Most sources are cited and referenced correctly.5.9 to >0 ptsThe assignment does not follow current APA style format and/or has many grammatical, spelling, or punctuation errors. Many sources are cited and referenced incorrectly or citations and references are missing. / 10 pts