I ALREADY STARTED IT JUST NEED HELP COMPLETING
What are you going to take with you from this class, and how will you use it within differing local, statewide/national, and global contexts? Intersectional justice is a journey of the past, present, and future, with constantly evolving viewpoints and challenges to traditional thought. Over the course of the semester, we have discussed the US political system within the contexts of race, sex/gender, sexuality, ability, class, religion, and nationality; how political media affects the identification of our private and public selves; how advocacy and cultural movements can redefine power, status, and authority. This final assignment is a showcase of your individual research and analysis.
2. In the Place of Justice – Wilbert Rideau ——- THIS IS THE BOOK !!
Throughout the course of the semester, you will be responsible for reading your novel of choice and writing a research essay, completing a multi-disciplinary analysis. A minimum of 4 sources (peer reviewed &/or news) in addition to your novel are required and must be cited using APA citation guidelines (ie: in-text citations and a reference page).
There will be three major sections for this paper:
- SECTION 1: Novel overview and analysis of character(s)
- Summary of the novel – cover the basics: who, what, when, where, why, and how?
- How did your character(s) environment play a role in their individual health, wellness, and social connections?
- Character(s) growth: how did the social condition(s) presented in your novel impact the development of your character?
- SECTION 2: Historical context and current status
- What is/are the major social problem(s) introduced in your reading?
- What conditions allowed for the formation of the social problem(s) introduced?
- How does intersectionality play a role in the development and continuation of these problems?
- How does that inform our modern social, political, and economic conditions of the social problem(s) introduced?
- What is the relationship of privilege and oppression within your social problem, analyzed on micro, mezzo, and macro levels?
- SECTION 3: Current interventions, best practices, and future consideration
- What campaigns and/or programs exist to address the social condition(s) addressed in your reading?
- Are these interventions working? Why or why not?
- What are the best practices for intervening on the social condition(s) addressed in your reading? How do you know, and what evidence exists?
- Is there an existing intervention that demonstrates these best practices?
- Call to action: what changes need to be made to improve conditions in the future?