DQ1 – Discussion Question 1
Prior to reading this DQ, please read the PA 1 assignment and understand what the assignment is asking you to complete. Once you have an understanding of the PA1 assignment, please continue to the paragraph below to complete DQ1.
Using electronic journal database, research six (6) peer-reviewed articles that can be used to answer your upcoming PA 1 assignment. Your discussion should summarize the articles in such a way that it can justify any arguments you may present in your PA 1 assignment and should be different from the abstract. In addition to your researched peer-reviewed article, you must include an example of the article researched as it is applied by industry (company, business entity, and so forth).
Please note: This article summary should not be the only article researched for your PA 1 assignment. You may (and should) have several other articles researched to fully answer your PA 1 assignment. The concept of this DQ is to allow students to be proactive in the research necessary to complete this assignment. You may use your article summary, partially or in its entirety in your PA 1 assignment.
Important: Please ensure that your reference for the article is in correct APA format, as your reference in your discussion post. Depending on which electronic database you use, you should see a “Cite” selection for your article. In addition, there should be a variety of articles summarized and as such, students should have different articles summarized. Your summary MUST include ALL of the following in your DQ post (include every item in the bullet list below, or you will not receive full credit):
Do these in order:
- In correct APA format, write the Reference of the article.
- Clearly state what the article is about and its purpose.
- Describe how you will use it in your upcoming assignment.
- Repeat for a total of six (6) peer-reviewed sources.
PA1:Professional Assignment 1 – CLO 1, CLO 2, CLO 3
Research, develop and write a 3 to 5-page APA formatted paper, which covers a leader (current or historical) who you admire.
Key topics to cover in your paper include an in-depth analysis with in-text citations as references:
- Briefly provide the contextual background of the leader (state the leader’s name/title, and so forth; briefly cover his/her background)
- Describe key reasons why you admire the leader (providing specific examples of actions & behaviors that the leader used with respect to the five practices of exemplary leadership)
- Evaluate to what extent the leader had credibility, where it stemmed from, and whether there were areas for the leader to improve.
- Discuss if the leader is as effective in another activity? For example, if the leader was a business person, would their leadership style and methods work as well (or better or worse) if the leader was a politician? Teacher? Head of a non-profit social change organization? Why or why not?