Situation: Providing access to patient care is critical for all health care organizations. Telehealth and telemedicine are the future of health care as a means to deliver patient care at a distance or where there is little access to care. But is the process always the best means for providing care? If so, what are the limitations and barriers to the success? How can telehealth or telenursing be incorporated into everyday nursing practice?
- Construct a 3 to 4 page APA-formatted paper (not including title and reference pages).
- Interpret and analyze the following bolded topics and subtopics (required) to guide the flow of discussion in your paper:
- Define telehealth, telemedicine, and telenursing.
- –How do these models differ?
- –How is each of these applied to practice?
- –What is required to implement a system?
- –Examine the pros and cons of implementing such as system. Is one system better?
- Discuss how each would be implemented at the operational level.
- –Conclusions you draw from review of the literature
- Discuss how each of these would be implemented at the organizational level.
- Are there key differences in each of telehealth, telemedicine, and telenursing?
- How would they impact implementation at the organizational level, if at all?
- What conclusions did you draw from exploration of this topic?
- What recommendations would you make at the operational and organizational levels?
Full APA Style is required. 12 point font, Times New Roman, Double Spaced. Please be sure to use a Title Page, Abstract, Reference Page, etc. These pages DO NOT count towards the page minimums.
A few things to remember/consider:
-Please only utilize scholarly resources. Current, from the last 5 years.
-If you are at all able, please use Microsoft Word and not Google docs, when Google docs are uploaded into Canvas, it can change the formatting and make your APA appear incorrect.
-If you are at all unfamiliar with APA, please consider utilizing the Academic Resource Center to help with your APA and/or paper content. For more information, please look under: “Course Documents” and then click on the Page “Online Writing Support” for more information!