Module 2 focuses significant attention on blue ocean strategy, defining both blue and red oceans and explaining the properties associated with each. Specifically, I’d like for you to examine healthcare offerings in the city of your choice and work to identify red oceans and blue oceans. (Note that you must select an actual city as this assignment requires an actual market investigation. Further, the city you select must be of sufficient size to have an active, thriving healthcare marketplace.) This will require achieving a deep understanding of red and blue oceans, coupled with an intensive understanding of the selected city, its healthcare providers, and their associated services. Research beyond that supplied by your readings, notably including field research, will be most helpful in this endeavor.
The Submission Requirement
Your submission in its entirety (i.e., all inclusive) must be at least 1500 words.
Your paper must be well referenced, with at least three (3) of the references being from scholarly academic journals. References may be prepared using the style guide of your choice (e.g., APA, MLA); just be sure to consistently use the selected style.
Supply the following headings, exactly as they appear below, placing each in bold text:
- Abstract (Your paper must include an abstract of approximately 150-250 words. An abstract is a stand-alone summary of your submission; it must be presented at the beginning of your paper, although, for obvious reasons, it is prepared after you finish your paper. If you aren’t familiar with writing abstracts, simply Google “how to write an abstract” or similar phrases for a wealth of helpful tips.)
- Introduction (In this section, supply a brief introduction, helping the reader grasp the intent of the forthcoming work.)
- City Profile (In this section, supply a brief overview of the city of focus, noting its name, population, demographic characteristics, and any other helpful background information.)
- Competitive Landscape (In this section, describe the state of competition in the marketplace by identifying key healthcare organizations, discussing medical services provided, and so on to paint a detailed picture of the given environment.)
- Red Oceans (In this section, identify and describe health and medical red oceans in the given city. Be sure to include justifications for your decisions.)
- Blue Oceans (In this section, identify and describe health and medical blue oceans in the given city. Be sure to include justifications for your decisions.)
- Conclusions (In this section, summarize the report, being sure to express your perspectives on the potential of the associated market.)
- References (In this section, supply a list of references conforming with the instructions listed elsewhere in this communication.)