write up a brief 1 page naturalistic observation. Follow the guidelines below (Due to the pandemic you can use people in your home, video, movie or TV show).
Decide what you will observe and develop a hypothesis – What do you THINK you will see during your observation. For example, ‘It is hypothesized 60% of women will look in the mirror while only 25% of men will look in the mirror while passing by.
” 2) Choose a setting and time for the observation. You are to spend approximately fifteen to twenty minutes watching and making a detailed record of the subject(s), gathering data which will “begin” to test your hypothesis. Take notes on everything you can observe about the subject(s).
Write a one page typed (12 pt. font, double spaced) report of your observations. Try to be as objective as possible, but feel free to make well-reasoned inferences about what you have seen. Your report should include the following:
a. An introduction which tells what the observation is about. You should explain how you came up with your hypothesis and why you chose the particular setting and subject(s) to test.
b. A detailed account of the subject(s) and of the behaviors you observed is needed.
c. Also, a discussion of any conclusions you can draw from the observation should be included.
Possible ideas (but please BE CREATIVE!)
· Observe a homeless person asking for money, how many people help?
· Observe students leaving school, walking in the mall, or sitting in a restaurant, how many are on their cell phone?
· How many people driving are on a cell phone?
· How many people go through a yellow light?
· Observe parenting behavior. How may raise their voice?
· Observe children interacting at a playground. What types of behavior do they show?
· Observe a particular ‘social group’. What similarities do they show? What differences do they show?
· How many people wipe down the gym equipment after they use it?
· How many people return their shopping carts to the cart area?
· What percentage of people order water rather than soft drinks? Is there a correlation in body size?