Redman (2019) states that the world is changing quickly, change is hard, and many change efforts fail. A leader must have a good plan in place to navigate through these changes to stay successful. Now, you will apply that knowledge to a company scenario, building in an implementation plan into the process so it is actionable. Select one business from the current winners of the Malcolm Baldrige Award Recipients. Assume that you are the new CEO of this business who has goals of expanding your business. You can select one or more from the following list, or develop your own goals:
- Expand nationally or internationally
- Change your business offering(s) or target customers
- Merger or acquisition
- Another goal of your choice
Select a company that you have not used for another assignment ***(I have already used MidwayUSA & Greater Baltimore Medical Center HealthCare Inc (GBMC).*** Practicing with more than one company will give you greater insight into how the processes you use may need to be tailored to company/industry differences.
For this 4- to 6-page APA-compliant paper (not including title and reference pages) respond to the following:
Section 1 – Overview and Goal Description
- Select the company that you will use for this paper. Provide an explanation and rationale for your choice. As there are many categories in the Baldrige site, you may want to explore an industry you know well or look to expand your knowledge by selecting an industry you are unfamiliar with.
- Describe the vision, mission, and values as individual components in the current state of the company. Explain the systems relationship of these elements and how they are related to helping the company achieve success.
- Provide any additional background information to provide additional context.
- As the new CEO, identify the growth goal(s) you would like to achieve including a rationale for this choice(s).
Section 2 – Change Management Best Practices
- Search for best practices in change management. Use at least two resources from your readings/videos from this unit, as well as two other sources you have uncovered in your research. These sources are not required to be scholarly. You may also include personal experiences as part of your research.
- Present a synopsis of three best practices in change management, describing how they can support the change that you are working on for this assignment.
- Describe where you will incorporate these best practices into your plan.
Section 3 – Change Management Plan Implementation
- Complete the change readiness assessment from your learning activity, and list the results. Discuss how this information can help you prepare more successfully for leading this change.
- Define the goals of the change management plan for the goal you have identified in Section 1.
- Present the change management plan you will be using to fulfill the growth goal. You may use the video as seen in the readings, Managing Change.
Edge Training Systems. (2007). Managing change: The complete perspective [Video]. https://libauth.purdueglobal.edu/sso/skillport?con…
- Explain what tools and processes will be used to implement the action plan.
- Describe the measurement process you will use to determine project success.