You are a consultant hired by an established, medium-sized manufacturing corporation with 250 employees. Your task is to create a team that will work together over a nine-month time frame to develop a proposal for a new business model to address ways the business will grow over the next year.
The team members must come from at least three different functional areas because the CEO wants input from a variety of stakeholders. The functional areas that currently exist in the organization include human resources, marketing, finance/accounting, operations, and information technology. Select team members from any three of these areas.
Under the old business model, the employees working in the functional areas were not encouraged to communicate or collaborate with one another. In addition, the former CEO never asked for new ideas and appeared oblivious to issues negatively impacting the corporation’s productivity and efficiency.
Address the following in your assignment:
- Identify three functional areas from which you will choose team members. Explain why you selected these areas, and describe what each area brings to the project that is relevant and crucial to its success.
- Describe the characteristics you will look for in the team members you choose and why these characteristics are important to the team’s success.
- Describe how you will organize the team so that its members are able to achieve their goals. Identify a minimum of three strategies you will implement. Consider ways to organize a team, such as creating a mission statement, developing goals and objectives, creating a planning strategy, and assigning tasks to team members.
- Describe how you will motivate the team members to help them become a functioning team. Identify a minimum of two strategies you will implement.
- Describe how you will measure the success of the team’s achievements. That is, how will you and your colleagues know that the team’s work is having a positive impact?
- Written communication: Communication should be clear, well-organized, and support a central idea, with no technical writing errors, as expected of a business professional.
- References: References and citations are formatted in a consistent style, with a preference for using current APA style and formatting.
- Number of resources: Use a minimum of three scholarly resources to support your ideas. These resources can include any of the four articles from this unit’s study activity.
- Format: Include a title page, introduction, conclusion, and reference page.
- Length of paper: A minimum of 2–3 typed, double-spaced pages, excluding the title page and reference list.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.