You have been assigned as the team leader for a group project to update the current HR vacation and sick leave policies. Your five-member team has 6 months to complete the task and present a recommendation to the management team of the organization. Your immediate role is to organize and assign each team member with his or her specific assignments to accomplish the project. Describe the steps to creating an implementation strategy for your team.
Write a minimum 5-page plan, addressing the following:
- Explain the purpose of the team project and provide a list of tasks.
- Identify 3 types of teams.
- Describe 3 key elements of designing a team.
- Create 3 tasks for each team member, providing your reasoning for each team member assignment (tasks can overlap between no more than 2 team members).
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 5 pages minimum
- Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third person.
- Body: This begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.
Please submit your assignment.
If you are planning to repurpose an assignment or submit one you have used before, please let your instructor know. If an instructor is not made aware of work being repurposed or reused, he or she will treat the assignment as a plagiarized task and reserves the right to post an F grade and submit a task for review to administration until proof of originality is provided. View the full AIU Policies on submitting papers.
The following are some tips if you have problems submitting your assignment:
- Resave in the proper format per the Assignment Detail instructions, and resubmit.
- Submit with a different Web browser.
- Submit from a different computer.
- Call Technical Support at 877-221-5800, Menu Option 2. They are open 24/7.
- If you are still having difficulties after trying steps 1 to 4, please contact your course instructor.
Make sure you submit this assignment by the listed due date. Late deductions will apply for this assignment as follows:
- Assignments submitted within 7 calendar days after the stated due date: 10% penalty of total assignment points.
- Assignments submitted 8 to 14 calendar days after the stated due date: 20% penalty of total assignment points.
- Assignments submitted 15 to 21 calendar days after the stated due date: 30% penalty of total assignment points.
- Assignments submitted 22 to 28 calendar days after the stated due date: 40% penalty of total assignment points.
- No assignments, including late assignments, will be accepted after the end of the course unless an approved Incomplete has been granted.
Grading Rubric: Maximum 200 Points
|Deliverable requirements addressed; understanding of material and presenter’s message and intent are clear||80 points||Followed assignment guidelines and criteria||40 pts||Yes/Complete||Mostly||Not at all|
|Overall quality||40 pts||Excellent||Satisfactory||Needs Improvement|
|Scholarly research that supports the writer’s position is properly acknowledged and cited, and direct quotations do not exceed 10% of the word count of the body of the assignment deliverable||50 points||Title page, table of contents, tables, exhibits, appendices or reference page included||25 pts||Yes||Partially||Not at all|
|Content is original with less than 35% match||25 pts||Yes||36–50%||51% or over|
|Critical thinking: Position is well-justified; logical flow; examples||20 points||Position is justified with examples||10 pts||Excellent||Satisfactory||Needs Improvement|
|Presentation flows logically||10 pts||Excellent||Satisfactory||Needs Improvement|
|Structure: Includes introduction and conclusion, proper paragraph formatting, and reads as a polished academic paper or professional presentation, as appropriate for the required assignment deliverable||15 points||Includes introduction and conclusion||5 pts||Excellent||Satisfactory||Needs Improvement|
|Paragraphs are formatted properly||5 pts||Excellent||Satisfactory||Needs Improvement|
|Reads as polished academic paper or presentation||5 pts||Excellent||Satisfactory||Needs Improvement|
|Mechanical: No spelling, grammatical, or punctuation errors||20 points||Spelling and grammar are accurate||10 pts||Yes||Partially||Not at all|
|Punctuation is accurate||10 pts||Yes||Partially||Not at all|
|APA: Deliverable is cited properly according to the APA Publication Manual||15 points||References are cited in accordance with APA formatting||10 pts||Yes||Partially||Not at all|
|Reference slide is included||5 pts||Yes||Partially||Not at all|