Assignment 3: Post-Merger Analysis
Due Week 9 and worth 280 points
In today’s uncertain economic and regulatory environment for the health services industry, many organizations may be presented with merger and acquisition opportunities to gain market share and drive financial and operational efficiencies. Given the current state of this market segment:
Write a five (5) page paper in which you:
- Suggest the key financial drivers that most likely will cause health care organizations to merge. Provide support for your rationale.
- Assuming that two (2) health care organizations have merged. Determine the evaluation criteria that a financial analyst would use to evaluate the financial performance of the organization post-merger, and identify the determinants that the analyst would use to decide whether or not the merger generated favorable financial results for the organization. Provide support for your evaluation.
- Determine the key factors that will drive the financial planning process for most organizations in the post-merger phase, and examine the related impact to the organization process. Provide support for your rationale.
- Create an argument to assert that the financial planning process is of high value to a health care organization. Provide support for your argument.
- Predict the financial stability of the health care industry over the next five (5) years. Provide support for your prediction.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate the financial statements and the financial position of health care institutions.
- Describe the overall planning process and the key components of the financial plan.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in health financial management.
- Write clearly and concisely about health financial management using proper writing mechanics.