This must be PLAGIARISM FREE! Everything must be cited and REFERENCES are a MUST! This needs to be done in Microsoft Word. Respondeat superior is a legal concept that deals with the liability of a health care organization. It states that an employer may be liable for the actions of its employee and, in some cases, for the wrongful acts the employee performed.
Discuss the following:
- What 2 legal elements must be present for the employer to be considered liable for an employee’s wrongful act(s)?
- Give an example of a situation in which an assisted-living facility might be liable for the actions of one of its employees for a wrongful act he or she committed.
- Note: Your example must exemplify both components of liability previously identified.
In your own words, please post a response to the Discussion Board and comment on other postings. You will be graded on the quality of your postings.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials. Please refer to the following multimedia course material(s):
- Unit 5: A Look at Managed Care Organizations
- Unit 5: History and Ethics of U.S. Health Care