Resume’ and Cover Letter
Below is an announcement for a job that you might be interested in very soon. Your assignment is to write a cover letter applying for the job, and to also attach a copy of your resume. Although this job is fictitious, your resume must be real. If there is a real job or internship you are interested in applying for, you may use that announcement instead. If you do write a cover letter for a position other than the ficitious one below, you must attach a copy of the announcement with a description of the job. Please note that if you would like to turn this assignment in early (prior to week 7), your instructor will be able to give you feedback for improvement before a final grade is recorded.
Word processing programs have templates for resumes and cover letters, however for additional assistance, please visit APUS’s Resume and Cover Letter Review Program.
Position Title: Child Life Specialist
Department: Child Life Program
Posting #: 35470
Category: Biobehav/Social Sc/Counsel/Spt
Date Posted: 3/20/2014
Schedule: Mon – Fri, Sat, Sun; Days, Evenings, Variable Shifts
Employee Type: PRN
Location: Your City
This position plans and provides therapeutic intervention and appropriate psychosocial developmental care with pediatric patients and their families and assists them in coping with the stress and anxiety of health care experiences and maximizes the growth and development of infants, children and adolescent patients.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates individual patient goals, based upon assessment findings.
- Provides teaching and psychological preparation for potentially stressful experiences with infants, children, adolescents, and families.
- Actively participates in interdisciplinary rounds and evaluations as a member of the treatment team.
- Documents patient assessments, interventions, and outcomes in the medical record.
- Provides a safe, therapeutic, and healing environment for infants, children, adolescents, and families.
- Participates in the training, supervision, and evaluation of Child Life Assistants, Child Life student interns, and volunteers.
- Escorts and facilitates social/ positive interactions between patients and special visitors, guests, or entertainers.
- Represents and communicates family centered philosophy on departmental and hospital-wide committees.
- Participates in continuing education programs and remains abreast of advances in Child Life and programs for hospitalized children.
- Provides interdisciplinary in-service education on growth and development, Child Life, and the impact of illness, injury, and healthcare on patients and their families.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Bachelors in Child Life, Therapeutic Recreation or related field. (Required)
- One year Child Life experience. (Preferred)
- Current certification as a Certified Child LifeSpecialist (CCLS) by the Child Life Certifying Commission (CLCC) and Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) through the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC).
(Dual Certification) (Preferred)
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Provider from the American Heart Association. (Required)
- Bilingual English-Spanish skills. (Preferred)
************ I will provide my own resume*************