In Module 5, you used a work breakdown structure (WBS) as the basis for estimating project costs; that is, you identified only labor costs. In this application, you will prepare a budget that includes all costs (labor and non-labor costs).
- Review the details of your cost estimate from Module 5. For each element in the WBS, do the following:
- Identify non-labor costs. These may include-but are not limited to-materials, supplies, equipment, allowances for inflation, contingency funds, and so on.
- Find the totals of labor and non-labor costs. This is your Budgeted Cost of Work Scheduled (BCWS).
- Add the results of Step 1. This is your Budget at Completion (BAC).
- Prepare a graph that illustrates the project budget over time. This is the Cost Baseline.
- Find the total of all labor and non-labor costs. This is your Budget at Completion (BAC).