Must be in APA format, except the excel part. Plagiarism free, in-text citations and references. All questions must be addressed, and real world examples of each variable must be provided!
Write 300–400 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments.
- It is important to understand the difference between discrete and continuous random variables because the statistical analysis of each type of variable is different.
- In your own words, discuss the differences between discrete and continuous random variables, and provide a real-world example of each type of random variable.
- Perform the following experiment:
- Roll a die 20 times, and record the results of each event in Excel. (Note: If you do not have an actual die, you can find a virtual die-rolling program located at the following Web site: http://www.random.org/dice
- Construct a bar graph and probability distribution of your experiment. Attach your results to your Discussion Board posting.
- Interpret the results of this experiment, answering the following questions:
- What are the random variables for your experiment? Explain the meaning of your random variables.
- Do you believe that the results of your experiment are discrete or continuous? Explain.
- Is your experiment a probability distribution? In other words, are all conditions of a probability distribution satisfied? Explain.
- Is your experiment a binomial probability distribution? Explain if all conditions are met or not.