You are a business planner and accountant. Gloria has come to you to get some advice on which supplier will best meet her needs and objectives. Prepare a paper that addresses the following.
- What elements are necessary for a valid contract to exist? Define what constitutes a “valid offer.” Evaluate each proposal and discuss whether each of the offers constitutes a valid offer. Why or why not?
- Each proposal involves a different country. What are the particular concerns for Gloria in doing business in other countries? What contract provisions does she need to include in any business contract in order to protect her business?
- How can Gloria continue to protect herself and her family from personal liability if she obtains her widgets from a foreign manufacturer? Use your textbook and library references to answer these questions. Evaluate each proposal. Does it constitute an offer?
- When preparing your responses, please use the facts provided in the You Decide and the following resources: (1) the assigned reading and (2) the DeVry Library.
- Your paper will be graded using the Week 5 You Decide Rubric.
- Your paper should be four to five pages long, exclusive of the cover page and references page, and it should be double-spaced. It should comply with APA 6th edition formatting.
- Cover page
- References page
- 12 point, Times New Roman font
- No website references
- Include at least three scholarly references in addition to your textbook
- Include in-text references to sources