The College of Business Administration is selecting a new administrative assistant. The Chair is overlooking a more highly qualified candidate in favor of a candidate who personally met with the Chair. The Chair seems quite “taken” with the lesser-qualified candidate and other department members are worried about his criteria for making the selection.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Define “beautyism” and its potential discriminatory effects on hiring in the workplace.
- Assess the Chair’s behavior from a human resource management perspective.
- Recommend the action that the hiring committee should take to handle the hiring decision.
- Discuss to what degree and why attractive candidates may be given unfair consideration during hiring processes.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.