Write a 700- to 1,050-word summary about IFRS versus GAAP. The summary should be structured in a subject-by-subject format. An introduction and a conclusion are needed. APA format. References and citations.
Your essay should include the answers to the following:
- IFRS 8-1: What are some steps taken by both the FASB and IASB to move to fair value measurement for financial instruments? In what ways have some of the approaches differed?
- IFRS 9-1: What is component depreciation, and when must it be used?
- IFRS 9-2: What is revaluation of plant assets? When should revaluation be applied?
- IFRS 9-3: Some product development expenditures are recorded as development expenses and others as development costs. Explain the difference between these accounts and how a company decides which classification is appropriate.
- IFRS 10-2: Explain how IFRS defines a contingent liability and provide an example.
- IFRS10-3: Briefly describe some similarities and differences between GAAP and IFRS with respect to the accounting for liabilities.