: Security, Change Management, and Architectural Adaptation
The online course management system from previous assignments is now through the requirements phase of development; however, the university has requested that a communication feature be included in the system. This requirement, along with the additional nonfunctional requirements associated with this addition, were not part of the initial project specifications.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
· Create a list of requirements prior to the deployment of the online course management software along with a description of each. In addition, explain how you would address each requirement.
· Predict the effects of introducing a communication feature this late into the life cycle.
· Recommend ways to mitigate the issue(s) caused by adding communication features this late into the life cycle.
· Identify the security mechanisms that should exist in both the existing and additional requirements of this system.
· Draw a UML sequence diagram to illustrate the security features for each of the items identified in Question 4 of this assignment through the use of graphical tools in Microsoft Word or Visio, or an open source alternative such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
· Identify another application, other than course management, that could possibly adopt the architecture of the course management system. Explain the changes that would be necessary to make this architectural adoption possible, specifically in regard to the components and connectors.
· Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources. You may use the resources above or others of your choosing.
· Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
· The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Compare and contrast the computing infrastructure and its associated challenges in which the applications are deployed.
· Create an effective change management process to address and solve a proposed business problem.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in the delivery of software solutions.
· Write clearly and concisely about topics associated to software architecture techniques using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.