Review Case 28 “The rise and fall of Eastman Kodak: Will it survive beyond 2012?” located in the textbook. Assume that you have been hired by Kodak as a business consultant to recommend a new corporate-level strategy for the company to improve declining sales, increase profitability, and expand the company to the Cloud service industry.
Write a five to seven (5) page paper in which you:
1. Establish five (5) key objectives for Eastman Kodak that encompasses the operational, financial, human resource aspects of the business. Next, argue that each of the established objectives is essential to the success of the company within the Cloud service industry. [Consider “objectives” to be the same as “goals” as discussed under “Major Goals” on pp. 6-7 of the textbook and write your goals/objectives to include one or more of the four characteristics shown bulleted near the top of p. 7]
2. Analyze Kodak’s horizontal and vertical integration strategy and determine the corporate level strategy that is more appropriate for the company to establish a competitive advantage in the Cloud service industry. Provide a rationale for the determination. [Use the terms “horizontal integration,” “vertical integration,” and “corporate level strategy” as well as the associated vocabulary used in the textbook where these high-level concepts are discusses. For instance, in discussing “vertical integration” you might want to discuss “backward vertical integration” or “forward vertical integration.”]
3. Determine five (5) ways in which pursuing a multibusiness model based on diversification may increase profitability for the company. Provide at least two (2) examples of such use of a multibusiness model from industry to support the rationale. [You will want to answer this question using key words in the question, such “multibusiness model” and “diversification” as well as the associated vocabulary found in the textbook where these high-level terms are discussed.]
4. Discuss ethics as related to Kodak in the case questions above, or in any other organization you are familiar with. If you decide write about ethics in an organization other than Kodak, you can label your answer as “Ethics Appendix” and place it after your Kodak case answers and before your reference list. You can also use reference citations in discussion in this ethics section.]
Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar type Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Recommend effective business strategies based on an analysis of domestic and global operating environments, market dynamics, and internal capabilities.
- Analyze a plan to implement a firm’s strategy and manage the change from current operations.
- Assess how ethics, corporate social responsibility, and environmental sustainability impact strategy.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in strategic management.
- Write clearly and concisely about strategic management using proper writing mechanics.
- Please see attached case to answer questions.
- Book: Hill, C., & Jones, G. (2013). Strategic Management: An Integrated Approach. (10th ed.) Mason, OH: Carnage Learning