I’m studying and need help with a Geology question to help me learn.
I need this assignment twice in different words please
Assignment 1The Early Solar SystemName:
For this assignment, you will view an online video presentation and answer a number of questions covering information from that video.The video is accessed through the following web link for the Earth Revealed series.It’s an old series (early 90’s I think) but still one of the best around for explaining geology.
Click on the link given above, and then scroll down to the program entitled “The Restless Planet” (video number 2).This video provides an excellent review of the Nebular Theory.Click on the corresponding “VoD” button for this video.The video will open in a separate window.Each video is approximately 30 minutes in length and you may pause or rewind the video in order to take notes or to review important concepts.Closed Captioning [CC] is available for all videos by simply selecting that option at the beginning of the video presentation.Use of CC is highly recommended for proper spelling of important vocabulary words.
1. Early Greek astronomers believed that our solar system was geocentric. What does this term mean?
This early view of our solar system was altered by the work of Copernicus and Galileo in the 16th and 17th centuries. What was this new view called and how was it different from the previous view?
2. This video examines how our planet may have formed and why it is so different from other planets in our solar system. What aspect of the Earth is mentioned in the video as unique in our solar system?
3. When did the origin of Earth and our solar system occur?
4. How are we confident that is an accurate age when there are no rocks on Earth that old?(All the rocks on Earth from that period have been recycled.) Review the study guide for this answer.
5. Kant and Laplace were the first to propose the idea that our sun and the planets condensed from a nebula. What is the composition of a nebula?
6. _________________ causes particles of the nebula to clump together. Eventually, rocks and small planets are formed. This is referred to as the __________________ process.
7. Most ancient landscapes of our solar system bear evidence of the accretionary process. What is a common physical surface feature on planets and moons that shows obvious evidence of accretion?
8. Although accretion was a part of the formation of every planet, Earth shows very little evidence of it. List two processes that could be responsible for this.
9. During the accretionary process, the planets of our solar system were differentiated into the rocky, inner or Terrestrial planets and the gaseous, outer or Jovian planets. What key factor controlled this differentiation process?
10. Evidence suggests that the early Earth was initially a homogenous mass. The process of changing from a homogenous mass to a layered structure is called ___________________and was most likely caused by____________________________.
11. Heating and melting allowed rock to according to the _______________ of the material, resulting in distinctly different layers of core, mantle, and crust.
12. According to the video, what are two possible sources of water for the early Earth?
13. According to the video, what three roles did the ocean play in nurturing early life?
14. The amount of oxygen in Earth’s atmosphere was built up over hundreds of millions of years
by the process known as ___________________.
15. According to the video, in addition to biological life, how else is the Earth different from the other Terrestrial planets?
16. As part of the convection process of the Earth, the surface becomes a set of mobile plates able to be continually _______________ and ________________within the Earth. This process is now known as _____________________________________ .