I need an explanation for this Literature question to help me study.
Comparing and Contrasting Maus to Other Forms of Literature
How might the medium of a graphic novel work to accomplish what a play, poem, or piece of prose might not be able to accomplish?
Discuss how the images and the language of your graphic novel work together to communicate the plot. How do you think the novel would be different if it were not written graphically? Compare and contrast the medium of the graphic novel to other genres such as prose, poetry, and drama analyzed previously in the class.
- Why do you think the author chose to write in the graphic novel genre? How does the form contribute to the content and theme of the book?
- What did you find easier about this book than reading a non-graphic novel? What did you find more challenging? How would you describe the experience of reading this as compared to reading in more exclusively textual genres?
For a successful critical thinking assignment, you must do the following:
- Have a strong thesis statement (Links to an external site.)that you craft after constructing your evidence-based paragraphs (Links to an external site.).
- Use specific textual support from the text in the body of your paper.
- Apply literary terms to provide analysis and rationale for your assertions.
- Include quotations with your close reading, or screen shots of the segment(s) you are analyzing. This is important so you can work to analyze the author’s words and is an essential part of literary analysis.
- Proofread for errors in spelling, grammar, and writing mechanics. Vary sentence structure and sentence length to add interest.
- Should be 3-4 pages in length (not counting the title page and references page)
- Minimum of two scholarly references in addition to the course textbook