I don’t understand this Psychology question and need help to study.
There are hundreds of mental disorders that are currently recognized by the mental health profession. They are broken into different categories including anxiety, affective, personality, eating, sexual, and psychotic disorders. With such a vast array of disorders, there isn’t time within this course to cover each of them so you will have the opportunity to explore a specific disorder through this project.
This course project will provide you with an opportunity to research and write about any mental disorder of your choosing. It can be a disorder that has already introduced in this course, one which will be discussed in upcoming modules, or even one that interests you but will not be addressed in this course.
Your final project will be a 4-6 page research paper. Your paper should be written in APA format using proper spelling/grammar and include:
- an introduction with a solid thesis statement
- a brief history of the origins of the disorder
- a description of the typical manifestations and symptoms of the disorder
- information regarding what is the most effective treatment to date
- a good, strong conclusion
- at least 4 academic sources cited on an APA formatted References page
Throughout the Course Project you have been researching, outlining, and developing ideas about the mental disorder you chose to investigate. It’s now time to write the body of your paper and deliver everything in your final submission. Review the Course Project – Introduction page to ensure that your submission meets the requirements. Also, make sure to review and address any feedback/suggestions that you received on your earlier submissions.
- Submit your completed assignment to the drop box below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. (Mac users, please remember to append the “.docx” extension to the filename.) The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date. An example is shown below:Jstudent_exampleproblem_101504