I’m working on a Law question and need guidance to help me study.
When you arrive on the scene of a crime you must follow certain procedures to ensure the admissibility of evidence. For this assignment, you will use a case file of a real crime scene and take on the role of the crime scene investigator at the scene of the crime. You will create a presentation where you will document your process, present your findings, and provide an evaluation of the scene in a narrated PowerPoint or presentation tool of your choosing.
To help you prepare for this assignment, use the mock crime scene resource below to review the steps of evaluating a crime scene. This will help guide you as you walk us through your scene: https://www.mesaaz.gov/residents/police/divisions/forensic-services/mock-crime-scene/
Choose one of the following cases from your textbook resource:
- “He Hit Her Until She Fell . . . and That Was Just the Beginning”, Brandl, pp. 363-373.
- “A Mutilation Murder”, Brandl, p. 670.
Then, create a presentation that is five to ten (5-10) minutes in length in which you:
- Identify the tools you used to evaluate the crime scene. Provide a rationale for your choices.
- Outline the steps you took to secure the crime scene.
- Describe the techniques and procedures you used to process the crime scene, including a list of the evidence you collected. Explain the reasons for your procedures.
- Describe the steps you took to preserve the evidence and provide an explanation for your process.
- Provide photos of the crime scene.
- Create a crime scene map that illustrates the crime scene upon arrival.
- Narrate your presentation to walk the audience through the crime scene.
- Use at least two (2) quality references documented on a reference page at the end of your presentation. You are encouraged to use the Strayer University Online library (https://research.strayer.edu) to locate academic resources. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Note: Need help getting started with creating and narrating your presentation? View the tutorial located in the help file here
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires the use of the new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). Take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details. If you prefer to use APA style, discuss with your professor.
- Include a title page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The title page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate crime scenes using procedures appropriate for the situation.