I’m studying for my Sociology class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
- Create a 6-9 minute video of you responding to each prompt below. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment. To record your video, you can use Screencast-O-Matic, Screencastify, or any other screen recording application you prefer.
- Upload your video to YouTube and share the link with your instructor. You will need to open a free account with YouTube in order to post videos and share them.
1. Imagine you are the president of a Fortune 500 Company. You started out as a secretary right out of high school and worked your way to the top. The vice president and CEO are always at odds. As an expressive leader, how do you resolve this social dilemma and restore order in the leadership positions between these two officers?
2. Name the three types of formal organizations and explain how each is different. Also, explain a time when you were involved in one of these types of organizations and the positives/negatives it had within it.
3. You decided to run for public office. Although you have little-to-no experience with elections, holding office, or campaigning, you feel you can be successful since you helped a friend who served in a public office seat last term. Explain how this is a characteristic of Weber’s Ideal Bureaucracy and what you will do to prove your competence under these characteristics.
4. As creative manager of a small group of employees in the advertising department, you notice one of your designers has withdrawn from the meetings offering no input. This employee’s alienation concerns you. What would you do to socialize this employee and engage them into their job?