I’m trying to learn for my Computer Science class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
read below student posts reply each in 125 words.
Pooja – Malware is actually known as malicious software and with the escalating demand of technology cyber-crime has increased a lot. Cyber attackers create this software with the purpose of acquiring access or affecting network or computer in general, but it also hampers company’s productivity and revenue. We use the term computer virus all the time and this is common in corporate world but there is a huge difference between these type of malicious programs. However, Company’s now take malware seriously and practice various concepts to keep their network and computer safe.
Some of the best practices to mitigate malware effects on a machine are as follows:
· Block peer to peer usage: Peer to peer is the easiest way to deliver malware, they are hidden inside different files. Company can create no P2P policy easily these days so that no unauthorized software can be downloaded.
· Firewall installation: It limits attacks by limiting the data flow from the internal. It also directs what kind of information is acceptable and what is unacceptable by not letting the users download any risky software which highly protects the computer from malfunction.
· Change emails default setting: If company starts default setting for emails any encrypted email from perilous association cannot be accessed and the gateway is blocked, a warning signal will appear in users email which help identify the malware.
· Educate employees- Educating employees is really important so that the future malware can be avoided.
· Utilizing counter malware programming- If the employees or an organization utilize their counter malware programming in day to day basis there is a less possibility of malware.
prasanna – Web 2.0 can be defined as a better and modified version of World Wide Web, designed with the sole objective to provide the end users to interact with each other on a larger platform and are highly social. Web 2.0 is considered to be less expensive and is even sometimes considered to be free. The best example of web 2.0 is Google feedback, unlike traditional feedback you need not to download it every time, just clicking on a link and you are into the form. Multiple users can work on the designing same feedback at a same time and the best thing is it’s free of cost (Almeida, 2012).
Characteristics of web 2.0:
· Web 2.0 can be a platform as compulsion of having computer is no more, as Internet is the new platform now.
· It is quite interactive as it motivates interaction by collaborations, videos, blogs etc.,
· Web 2.0 is easy and user friendly rather being complex to understand.
· Small business who cannot afford to pay for advertisement can use these mediums to make customers know about the products, innovation.
· This is platform where people can learn many things from others.
Apart from characteristics and advantages Web 2.0 also comprises of following disadvantages.
· Since everything is related to technology and computers there is a possibility of malware infections and corruption of important data.
· Since too much information is daily posted by many people about same topic, it may create confusion and end user may get misguided.
· Since there is freedom to post comment and views negative comments may indirectly effect motivation and morale.
· There is also possibility that ideas and content gets copied and used by other which leads duplication of products and services (Lawton, 2007).
· Many criticizes that nothing can replace traditional learning and learning through social media may provide half information and may misguides people.
sathwik – Backup strategies
Backup is a term that has become synonymous with the protection of data in recent decades. It could be attained through various methods. In essence, backing up data is a significant portion of a disaster protection plan (Fellows & Crocetti, 2020). Backup applications have offered various forms of backup protection. In this case, the major common backup types include differential backup full backup as well as incremental backup. Other forms of backup types comprise synthetic full backups together with mirroring.
It is the most basic as well as a complete form of a backup operation. The operation leads the replication of all data to another media set, including a disk. The significant advantage with it is that where a full backup is undertaken, it results in the availability of all data copied with a single media set. Therefore, it leads to a reduction in the time required in restoring data (Fellows & Crocetti, 2020). Notwithstanding, its disadvantage is that it takes a longer time to accomplish a full backup in comparison to other backup strategies. Also, it needs more storage space.
This form of backup operation leads to the replication of the data altered from the last operation of backup. Businesses usually utilize the modified timestamp that is on the files differentiating it to the previous backup’s timestamp. Most notably, backup applications monitor as well as record the time together with the date that backup operation takes place to evaluate the file modified since that time. Since incremental backup only replicates data since the last operation, firms are advised to run it numerous times, storing the most recent changes. The benefit is that it replicates a smaller amount of data in contrast to a full backup. In this case, the operations will need less media for backup storage, as well as a shorter time for completion.
Cloud backup strategies
These strategies are also referred to as an online backup. They are vital for sending the replicated data of the virtual file to a secondary as well as off-site location for safeguarding in the event of a catastrophe of failure of equipment (Rouse, 2020). Where there is the availability of numerous options together with approaches to the off-site location, this strategy functions as the off-site facility for multiple organizations.
Babi – One of the most important things is to learn the usefulness and importance of the backup systems thus appreciating each and every backup strategy for its capabilities to perform its respective function.it is quite evident that the primary role of backups strategies is to safely store date from corruption, theft or even loss from deletion by mistake or natural calamities. Backups prove to be of more use to its users as compared to its disadvantages that can be coped up with such patience in waiting for data to restore or upload the backup.
When backing up data, we create a copy of the original data to be produced at the moment of loss of the original data. This clarifies that such copies could be made in significant numbers, thus ensuring maximum insurance of the data being stored and protected. With devices that are internet-enabled, even with the occurrence of a natural disaster, one can be able to access the backed up data and restore it back. This phenomenon makes backs up strategies very unique and useful as they are a variety hence provide different options of backing up, thus reliable to users.
For successful results, backups are regularly updated to ensure maximum assurance of protection of the data been kept safe. Data backups are the best solution to problems that come with data loss, data corruption, interference by viruses or malware interference. Such problems often occur on a frequent basis to individuals who handle data; hence the use of backup strategies eases the tension of occurrence of such risks and also come along with its remedies.