I need help with a Writing question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
Use the article below, chapters 6-8 in your textbook, and the movie (“Miss Evers’ Boys”) to help guide your answers. Most of these questions do not have a right or wrong answer.
- Was this study unethical in 1932?
- Why or why not?
- If you feel the study was ethical, was there a point when it became unethical?
- Did the study provide valuable information?
- How could the study have been done differently?
- How do you think the subjects felt about their participation?
- Did they think they were being treated unfairly?
- Does the answer change over time (1930s, 1940s, 1950s, etc.)?
- Should they have thought to question the MDs or Nurse Rivers?
- What was the impact of recruiting at churches and schools on test subjects?
- What was Nurse Rivers’ role in the project?
- What is your opinion of her role?
- Was Nurse Rivers negligent or did she commit malpractice?
- Why or why not?
- Think of a research question or study pertinent to a specific race, ethnicity, or culture.
- How would you ensure the ethical recruitment of subjects?
- Imagine you are the nurse in a modern-day, ethical, TSS-like study.
- How would you use each of the five elements of cultural competence for the selected population?
- Which modern-day, government agencies could be involved in a health-related research study?
- How might they be involved?
Lack of diversity in clinical trials and research has increasingly been highlighted as a problem.
- Hypothesize one reason (whether methodological, social, ethical, or other) why a lack of diversity has been a persistent issue in clinical trials and research.
- What is one potential solution for your hypothesized reason?
Your initial post should be at least 400 words and supported with at least one additional scholarly source., D. H. J. (2001).. Journal of Law and Health, 15, 147-163. [PDF]