I need support with this Management question so I can learn better.
Address the following in an essay format which includes an introduction and conclusion (not a Q & A format):
- Companies often have several policies on time away from work. What are some examples of time away from work policies found in private-sector organizations today? Provide employer names from your research.
- Click on the video below to learn about “unlimited vacation” jobs where employees could go to work whenever they feel like it.
(CBS This Morning, 2015)
- As you see in the video above, some employers have an “unlimited” vacation policy. Others have an “Employee Time-Off Policy” that allows employees a set number of paid days off regardless of the reason (instead of individual absenteeism, sick days, vacation, short-term leave, long-term leave, FMLA, and other policies). Would it be better for the King Company to have an Employee Time-Off Policy, something similar to the unlimited vacation policy discussed in the video above, or something else? Why? Support your response with research.
Utilize information from at least two Trident Online Library sources to help strengthen and validate your discussion.
Paper length: 3-4 pages (not counting the cover and reference pages).
Provide private-sector employer examples of HRM programs, systems, processes, and/or procedures as you address the assignment requirements. Provide names of the employers. Use different employer examples in this course than what have been used previously in your other papers and courses.
Bring in related court case decisions to help augment your discussion, if applicable.
Make reasonable, cost-effective assumptions in your paper. It is not an option, however, for you to hire additional help (temporary or otherwise). State your assumptions in the beginning of your discussion.
Your paper will be evaluated using the criteria as stated in the Case rubric. The following is a review of the rubric criteria:
- Assignment-Driven: Does the paper fully address all aspects of the assignment? Is the assignment addressed accurately and precisely using sound logic? Does the paper meet minimum length requirements?
- Critical Thinking: Does the paper demonstrate graduate-level analysis, in which information derived from multiple sources, expert opinions, and assumptions has been critically evaluated and synthesized in the formulation of a logical set of conclusions? Does the paper address the topic with sufficient depth of discussion and analysis?
- Business Writing: Is the essay logical, well organized and well written? Are the grammar, spelling, and vocabulary appropriate for graduate-level work? Are section headings included? Are paraphrasing and synthesis of concepts the primary means of responding, or is justification/support instead conveyed through excessive use of direct quotations?
- Effective Use of Information: Does the submission demonstrate that the student has read, understood, and can apply the background materials for the module? If required, has the student demonstrated effective research, as evidenced by student’s use of relevant and quality sources? Do additional sources used provide strong support for conclusions drawn, and do they help in shaping the overall paper?
- Citing Sources: Does the student demonstrate understanding of APA Style of referencing, by inclusion of proper citations (for paraphrased text and direct quotations) as appropriate? Have all sources (e.g., references used from the Background page, the assignment readings, and outside research) been included, and are these properly cited? Have all sources cited in the paper been included on the References page?
- Timeliness: Has the assignment been submitted to TLC (Trident’s learning management system) on or before the module’s due date?