I’m trying to study for my Biology course and I need some help to understand this question.
Respond to all of the following questions:
- Describe the structure and function of mitochondria. (~50-100 words)
- Describe the structure and function of chloroplasts. (~50-100 words)
- Based on what you’ve learned about transport across plasma membrane, suggest how ancient bacteria ended up inside eukaryotic cells to give rise to mitochondria and chloroplasts. (~50-100 words)
- List at least five pieces of evidence supporting endosymbiosis theory. (~100 words)
- Discuss the role of endosymbiosis in the evolution of eukaryotes. (~100 words)