Need help with my Psychology question – I’m studying for my class.
Prior to beginning this assignment, you must complete the Quantitative Research Studies: Part 1 (Peer Feedback) discussion and receive feedback from your instructor and classmates. Read the article by Coughlin, Cronin, and Ryan (2007), Step By-Step Guide to Critiquing Research. Part 1: Quantitative Research. Next, review the web-based information by Trochim (2006) on the External Validity (Links to an external site.) and Internal Validity (Links to an external site.) Then, watch the Reliability & Validity (Links to an external site.) video. Refer to the Ashford Writing Center resource Writing an Article Critique (Links to an external site.) to help you analyze and review each article.
This paper is the second part of a two-part integration. Review the discussion threads you, your classmates, and your instructor posted in the Quantitative Research Studies: Part 1 (Peer Feedback) discussion forum. Make note of constructive suggestions, integrate feedback and ideas into your analysis of the articles, and/or identify new quantitative research articles if instructed to do so by your instructor. Incorporate this information into your paper.
Navigate to this week’s discussion forum to review your feedback if necessary.
In your Quantitative Research Studies: Part 2 paper,
- Create a complete APA citation for three articles that report on quantitative research studies that address your research topic or research focus. Consider accessing the Ashford Writing Center’s Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) for more on completing a complete reference citation.
- Critique each research study, identifying the research question or questions, the hypotheses, the size and characteristics of the sample for each study, the type of statistical analysis that was used to evaluate the data, and evidence of any lack of consistency or bias in the way the study was conducted.
- Analyze how the studies are similar in the ways each study addressed the research topic and how they are dissimilar, noting which study was more compelling to you and why.
- Evaluate the general concept of research validity in quantitative research studies, as defined by Trochim (2006).
- Evaluate the extent to which each study exhibits internal and external validity, identifying the potential threats, if any, to external validity in each of the three studies.
- Explain any unresolved questions about your topic of interest that were raised by the studies, and how further quantitative research on this topic would augment the findings of the studies you reviewed.
The Quantitative Research Studies: Part 2 paper
- Must be at least 1,200 words in length (not including title, abstract and references pages), and formatted according in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must reference at least two scholarly sources (see Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)), in addition to any required readings you cite.
- Must list the three articles analyzed in the reference list.
- Must include title, abstract and reference pages.
Use resources listed in the Week 1 assignment to help you correctly format your paper.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.