I’m studying for my Health & Medical class and need an explanation.
: For this task you will first compare the ACHE and AHIMA code of ethics and then review a brief case from Healthcare Marketing: A Case Study that involves ethical decision-making. Then you will discuss the role of the healthcare marketer in relation to ethical behavior and conduct.
Prompt: Complete the Module Three Worksheet by addressing the following critical elements:
● Codes of Ethics: Access the webpages American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Code of Ethics and American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) Code of Ethics*. Compare the code of ethics from these two organizations. What do they have in common? In what ways are they different?
*Copyright ©2017 by the American Health Information Management Association. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, photocopying, recording or otherwise without prior permission from the publisher.
● Ethical Decision Making: To begin, review the scenario from Exercise 1 in Chapter 4. Then, using one of the ethical decision-making models from Chapter 4, explain how you would address the issue in the scenario.
○ In your position as a marketer in a hospital, do you think Dr. Gray’s Facebook page is an issue what warrants your attention? Why or why not? Please explain in detail.
○ Four Quadrants Model: Review the four quadrants model presented in Exhibit 4.1. How might you define this scenario based on the model? Explain your reasoning.
○ How do you think the AMA policy about physicians and the use of social media (summarized at the top of page 52) relates to Dr. Gray’s Facebook page?
● Role of the Healthcare Marketer: What do you think is the ultimate role of the healthcare marketer in relation to ethical behavior and conduct?