I’m studying for my Nursing class and need an explanation.
The purpose of this paper is to define, describe and explain your thoughts, feelings and beliefs about the four concepts of the nursing metaparadigm and their interrelationship to one another as they guide your current nursing practice. There are no right or wrong thoughts, feelings or beliefs; these represent your own philosophical beliefs. If your current philosophy includes any particular nursing or other theory(ies), identify these. The final paper is to be typed according to APA format and no more than 5 pages in length. The paper should include a title page and reference list, however, these pages are not to be included in the final count.
Evaluation criteria are as follows:
Criteria for Personal Philosophy of Nursing Paper:
- Introduction – identifies purpose of the paper. ( 5 points)
- Brief description of the factors influencing the development of the personal nursing philosophy. (5 points)
- Define, describe and explain your personal thoughts, feelings and beliefs about the concepts of the nursing metaparadigm: ( 25 points)
- Summarized interrelationship of the concept
- Identification and brief description of the nursing theory ies) found to be the most compatible with the student’s personal nursing philosophy. (25 points)
- Provided explanation, with documentation, that demonstrated compatibility of personal philosophy with the nursing theory (ies) identified in #4 according to: (25 points)
- Nursing e. Summarized interrelationship of concepts
- Summary and conclusion (5 points)
- Organization, documentation, references followed APA format. (10 points)