I need support with this Philosophy question so I can learn better.
For our forum, I want you to go into your community and find a wise person—someone you feel has exemplary wisdom. While I want you to keep the class material in mind, I want you to define wisdom for yourself. It can be something pretty basic: my postman might express wisdom because he is patient and helpful to the community; my pastor might express wisdom because of his moral guidance and leadership; my girlfriend might have wisdom because she knows how to steer our relationship through stormy times; Kawhi Leonard might have wisdom because of his poise and dignity; President Trump might have wisdom because he wants to make the United States great again. It’s up to you to choose your framework and values.
Here is the form I suggest.
- Cover sheet. All submissions in PH 1010 should have a cover sheet. The coversheet should state the assignment, student info, a title expressing your main idea, an image expressing your main idea. (Message: your paper should have a unifying main idea).
- Paragraph 1: Identify who you think is wise and why. Your thesis or main idea should go here.
- Paragraph 2. Identification. Who? Where? Your contact with the person?
- Paragraph 3 or paragraphs 3-5. Three reasons why this person is wise
- In #4, you should have at least two specific, concrete examples: “Last week on June 6, President Trump showed wisdom when he spoke of the heroes of D-Day…”
- Brief conclusion. “In summary….”
Optional and extra-credit: A few photos for context.
Optional and extra-credit: You make a 1-2 minute clip of yourself explaining why this person is wise.
Take your time with this assignment and submit a polished, thoughtful, and brilliant paper. Grading will be fair—but rigorous. We want to maintain high standards in PH 1010.
You may write in the first person if you wish. Show your personality—use wit, sarcasm, irony, joy, passion etc. Who are yo