I’m working on a Health & Medical exercise and need support.
Answer the following questions based on “Letter from An Indenture Servant” (1623)
- A) What is an indentured servant? How is the status of an indentured servant different from that of a slave? What are the similarities?
- B) Where is this servant from? Where is he fulfilling his service in the colonies? What kind of work did this servant perform?
- C) What sense of community did the servant note in the colony?
- D) What were his major complaints?
- E) What did he want from his parents?
- F) Given what you have studied so far in this class, were the opportunities available to ordinary persons in the New World commiserate with the risks involved?