Help me study for my English class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
Choose ONE question. Respond in a well written one-paragraph or more response. After responding to a question (from either reading), you will respond or “respond to” one peers’ response. Your response should be a well written one-paragraph or more response.
1. How are Twyla and Roberta and their stories different from the other girls at St. Bonny’s?
2. In what ways or what clues does Morrison give about Twyla and Roberta’s race?
3. How does social class surface in this story? What are some examples?
1. Why is Garla’s randomness of thought highlighted in this story?
2. What impressions of the modeling industry are created?
3. Why has Garla befriended the narrator? What perks does the narrator get through her friendship with Garla? Has she been transformed as a result of their “friendship”?
4. What does the cell phone symbolize?
Mays, Kelly J. The Norton Introduction to Literature: Portable 12th Edition. New York: Norton, 2017.