Reread Virginia Heffernan’s “Calling Blue: And On That Farm He Had A Cellphone” on page 171 of your text.
Next, complete the following:
- Apply the Toulmin model to Heffernan’s argument. Provide Heffernan’s claims, grounds, warrants, backing, and rebuttals.
- Analyze Heffernan’s essay in your own terms. Consider the following questions in your analysis:
- Was the essay convincing? Explain, giving reasons.
- Was it argumentative enough? Explain.
- Discuss the evidence provided. Does she provide enough evidence?
- What would have improved the argument of Heffernan’s essay?
Submit your response to the assignment in a minimum of 300 words in a Microsoft Word document.