PART I: Projects
Directions: Please complete the following tasks. Be sure to read the directions carefully. When you have completed all parts of the Homework Assignment,
1. Press Release Project:
• Start Word, click the Open Other Documents link, open the file WD B-2.docx from the location where you store your Data File, then save the document with the filename WD B-PAOS 2016 PR.
• Select Your Name and replace it with your name.
• Display paragraph and other formatting marks in your document if they are not already displayed.
• Use the Cut and Paste buttons to switch the order of the two sentences in the fourth body paragraph (which begins “New group shows…”).
• Use the drag-and-drop method to switch the order of the second and third paragraphs.
• Adjust the spacing if necessary so that there is one blank line between paragraphs, then save your changes.
• Start Word, open the file WD B-6.docx from the location where you store your Data Files, then save it as WD B-References. This document contains the questions you will answer about the Web reference sources you find and Apps for Office. You will type your answers to the questions in the document.
• Replace the placeholder text at the top of the WD B-References document with your name and the date.
• Use your favorite search engine to search the Web for grammar and style guides, dictionaries, and thesauri. Use the keywords grammar, usage, dictionary, glossary, or thesaurus to conduct your search.
• Complete question 1 of the WD B-References document, making sure to format the website names as hyperlinks to the websites.
• Read question 2 of the WD B-References document, then move the insertion point under question 2.
• Click the Apps for Office button in the Apps group on the INSERT tab, then click More apps in the Apps for Office.
• The Office window opens (note: you may see Office Store instead of More apps). Explore the apps available on the Apps for Word 2013 Web page that opens in your browser.
• Switch to the WD B-References document in Word. Close the Apps for Office window if it is still open.
• With the insertion point below question 2, click the Screenshot button in the Illustrations group on the INSERT tab. The Available Windows gallery opens.
• Read the ScreenTip for each thumbnail in the gallery, find the Apps for Word – Office.com window thumbnail in the gallery, click it, then click Yes in the dialog box that opens. A screenshot of the Apps for Word 2013 is inserted in the WD B-References document.
PART II: Essay
Directions: Write an essay that summarizes what you have learned in this section of your textbook and lecture notes. Your paper should be at least 2 pages in length, utilize APA style, and include a cover page and a bibliography. Your paper should be written in your own words and not copied and pasted from the Internet or directly from the textbook and/or lecture notes. Your summary must include all of the following topics:
• Cut and paste text
• Copy and paste text
• Use the Office Clipboard
• Find and replace text
• Check spelling and grammar
• Research information
• Add hyperlinks