Journals should be ¾ to 1 page or 2 to 3 developed paragraphs.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Discuss the value of visual art for an individual and society.
- Analyze the essential relationship between any work of art and the various kinds of influences on the artist and audience that shape the interpretation of the art.
- Classify key artists and styles in the visual arts from the Impressionist period to the present.
- Describe the relationship between individual artistic expression and the cultural, social, political, and historical forces which give rise to these expressions.
- Write clearly and concisely about modern art using proper writing mechanics.
Reflective Journal 2: Social Influences on Artists
Due Week 4 and worth 40 points
Address these points:
1. Explain how social influences have an impact on many artists and their works. Use examples from movements and examples explored in the chapters up to this point.
2. Explain how current events have been influencing art in such areas as movies and music. Use examples to illustrate your views.