Choose one of the sociolinguistic phenomena below, and explore the influencing factors that have shaped its condition.
- Welsh language becoming obsolete
- Early African Americans creating a pidgin (common language) to communicate with one another
- Romance languages existing all over the modern world
- Quechua speaking a “high language” in public and a “vernacular language” in the home
- What transpired in the group’s history to cause this linguistic circumstance?
- Can a group maintain a strong identity without having a common language to bind them?
Fully develop your findings in a 2-3 page paper, and be sure to format your paper and cite your research sources as per APA guidelines.
Please submit your assignment.