There are 2 parts to this assignment. Do not send a handshake until I ask you to. Read all 3 parts before you even send me a message. I want the least amount of pages required.
1. For this assignment, submit a three-to four-page document (including title and reference pages) that includes the following:
Topic: Decide upon a topic in psychology that you will address in your Final Paper. Ideally, your professional paper should integrate at least two to three aspects or areas of psychology that are particularly intriguing to you. Spend time reviewing professional psychology literature to further familiarize yourself with your topic and generate a thesis statement.
Does watching violence on television make people more violent?
Thesis Statement: Generate a thesis statement for your topic. Your thesis statement must clearly indicate the purpose of the paper.
For example: The purpose of this paper is to examine the similarities and differences between cognitive therapy and behavior therapy.
Outline: Your outline will aid you in the process of writing by helping you to organize your ideas and to present your material in a logical form. Your outline should include a list of the key points and elements you want to include in your paper. See an example of an outline below based on the thesis statement above:
- Cognitive and Behavior Therapy: Similarities and Differences
- Introduction/Abstract: The purpose of this paper is to examine the similarities and differences between cognitive therapy and behavior therapy.
- Motivation/Problem Statement – Why do we care about this topic?
- Approach – Briefly summarize your review of the literature.
- Conclusion/Implications: What are the larger implications of your findings?
- Review of the Literature
- What is cognitive therapy? In cognitive therapy, clients learn to:
- Distinguish between thoughts and feelings.
- Become aware of the ways in which their thoughts influence their feelings in ways that are not helpful.
- Evaluate critically the veracity of their automatic thoughts and assumptions.
- Develop the skills to notice, interrupt, and intervene at the level of automatic thoughts “on-line,” as they happen.
- What is behavior therapy?
- Classical conditioning
- Operant conditioning
- Features common to cognitive and behavior therapy
- Differences between cognitive and behavioral approaches
- Research methods
- Strengths and limitations of research design
- Conclusion and implications
References: Your preliminary list of references should demonstrate familiarity with the professional literature as it relates to the thesis statement. Please be sure to list your references in APA format. Include the five to ten primary/scholarly references you plan to use in your Final Paper.
2. Final Paper Draft
This paper should represent a significant academic effort that draws upon empirical and conceptual evidence presented in professional publications of psychology and related fields and is organized as a review of the literature. It is expected that students will utilize a variety of resources including literature databases, academic journals, books, and other scientific sources. Non peer-reviewed Internet sources are not acceptable for the literature review.
The paper will represent a fair and comprehensive review of relevant literature, that is organized around a thesis statement.
Your paper should be organized as follows (approximate page lengths):
- Title Page (one page)
- Introduction (one page)
- Review of Literature – Link (five to seven pages)
- Peer Reviewed articles and studies are chosen
- Chosen references pertain directly to student’s thesis
- References are well summarized and support student discussion
- Reference Page (one page)
All literature citations must utilize current APA style and must be free of spelling and grammatical errors.
Although there are no strict length requirements, it is anticipated that your Final Paper will be between eight- to ten- pages (including title and reference pages) in length, with at least five to ten primary/scholarly source references reviewed in the paper. The sources should be from a variety of resources including literature databases, academic journals, books, and other scientific sources.
All literature citations must utilize current APA style and be free of spelling and grammatical errors. Although there are no strict length requirements, it is anticipated that your Final Paper will be between eight to ten pages in length (including title and reference pages), with at least five to ten primary/scholarly source references reviewed in the paper.
Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
Must use at least five to ten primary/scholarly sources,