Initial purchasing decisions often require in-depth considerations and analysis on an organization’s long term directive and goals.
Conduct a critical analysis on a real-world service organization’s make or buy strategy(service industries, eg. Hotel, school, 3PL, restaurant).
In addition, perform a detailed analysis on the chosen organization’s supplier selection and evaluation system and provide recommendations of improvement.
Lastly, provide a detailed purchasing cost analysis on the chosen organization.
iii) Assignment Brief:
Working individually. You are required to consult and fully reference a MINIMUM of 5 references from 3 different sources (e.g., book; www; journal article from the full-text databases; current affairs magazine; newspaper etc.). The use of WIKIPEDIA online encyclopaedia is NOT allowed. The word range of this essay is about 1,500 words.
• More marks will be awarded for reports which provide more detailed discussion and in-depth analysis with adequate referencing to the purchasing concepts and models.
The essay should be presented as follows:
• Introduction – Outline the purpose of this essay and let the reader know what the subject of the paper is (about 200 words). The introduction should grab the reader’s attention, set up the issue, and lead into your essay argument.
• Body – Discuss a real-world service organization’s make or buy strategy. (300 words).
In addition, perform a detailed analysis on the chosen organization’s supplier selection and evaluation system (300 words) and provide recommendations of improvement (300 words). Lastly, provide a detailed purchasing cost analysis on the chosen organization (300 words).
• Conclusion – Reinstate points you introduced and gives improvement recommendation, if necessary (about 100 words)
• Referencing – All sources referred to in your essay, including any diagrams, must be referenced to in-text and be included in a full reference list at the end of the assignment, according to the APA system of referencing.