Remember to submit your work following the file naming convention FirstInitial.LastName_M01.docx. For example, J.Smith_M01.docx. Remember that it is not necessary to manually type in the file extension; it will automatically append.
Start by reading and following these instructions:
- Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
- Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
- Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
- Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
This week you will write a paper researching a strategic plan/SWOT analysis for the for the organization you identified as being most interested in working as a healthcare administrator in Module 2 and answer the following questions:
- Research (i.e., Internet, personal interviews, current employer, etc.) the healthcare organization you selected and write a real or hypothetical SWOT analysis with 3 elements for each category (e.g., 3 strengths, 3 weaknesses, 3 opportunities, 3 threats).
- Based on the SWOT analysis you propose, create a new mission statement for the healthcare organization that appropriately explains what the organization does.
- Based on the SWOT analysis you propose, create a new vision statement for the healthcare organization that appropriately explains where the organization is going.
Length: 500 words per essay prompt (1500 total for this assignment)
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimal word amount for this assignment.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly citations to support your claims.
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).
File name: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the assignment number (for example, RHall Assignment 1.docx)