? Mrs. Simpson, age 56, comes to the clinic for her yearly routine physical examination. She asks you about receiving the vaccine for shingles that she heard about on television. She thought she should get it because her sister had shingles a year ago. Mrs. Simpson stated that her sister really suffered with the disease, and she does not want to have that same experience. What can you tell her about the vaccine? Is she a candidate for Zostavax®? Who should receive the vaccine? Where can she find more information about this vaccine?
Imagine the subject of the selected case study is a patient of your health care organization.
Write a 350- to 700-word memo to a stakeholder (supervisor, care team, patient, etc.) describing the situation and requesting specific services for your afflicted patient. Your memo should:
- Describe the disease that afflicts your patient.
- Based on the disease and stage it presents in your patient, what level (primary, secondary, or tertiary) of care does the patient require?
- Identify predisposing factors that can lead to the disease.
- Describe what impact this disease has on the community/society and health care resources and services.
- Identify 2 reliable sources where more information regarding the identified disease can be found.
- Reliable sources include trade or industry publications, government or agency websites, scholarly works, a textbook, or other sources of similar quality.
- Cite your sources according to APA guidelines.
Note: Clearly identify your stakeholder in the To section of your memo.
Format your memo and references according to APA guidelines.