Gather, find, or create data that is related to engineering and is relevant to students and that can be modeled with alinear function. Develop a Mathematical Modeling assignment item to address one or more Unit 4 Skills and Knowledge S10–S16. Create an Excel®spreadsheet exemplar to use as an Answer Key (for peer review). Then add the new Mathematical Modeling assignment to your LMS course to be administered to students, as appropriate. Include a peer review as part of the assignment. You may want to add a rubric to help students focus on important aspects of the assignment and provide effective feedback. Upload the spreadsheet answer key to your teacher resources.
· S10 – Use a spreadsheet program to graph bi-variate data and determine an appropriate mathematical model using regression analysis.
· S11 – Construct a scatter plot to display bi-variate data, investigate patterns of association, and represent the association with a mathematical model (linear equation) when appropriate.
· S12 – Solve equations for unknown quantities by determining appropriate substitutions for variables and manipulating the equations.
· S13 – Use function notation to evaluate a function for inputs in its domain and interpret statements that use function notation in terms of a context.
· S14 – Build a function that describes a relationship between two quantities given a graph, a description of a relationship, or two input-output pairs.
· S15 – Interpret a function to solve problems in the context of the data.
· S16 – Interpret the slope (rate of change) and the intercept (constant term) of a linear function in the context of data.