M7A2 Problem Write-up: The Nursing Workforce in the United States
Based on what you learned from the problem you solved with your group, you will submit a written report describing your solution to a similar problem, below. The report is due on the last day of the module (Sunday at 11:59pm).
Answer each of the following questions in your own words. Do not copy and paste or retype the questions themselves into your document, as this will cause unreliable results at Turnitin.com. Simply provide the answers.
Refer to this data on the U.S. Nursing Workforce [PDF file, size 788 KB], from a report from the Department of Health and Human Services.
- What percentage of states has fewer than 900 registered nurses per 100,000 in population? Does the collection of states represented by this percentage generally represent a specific region of the country? If so, which region might this be; if not, why not?
- How many states have a number of registered nurses per 100,000 in their workforce in the range of 1,100-1,248?
- Which age range has the highest number of registered nurses working, according to Census 2000? According to ACS 08-10?
- Approximately what percentage of the registered nursing workforce is 61 or older, according to Census 2000? According to ACS 08-10?
- In which setting(s) did the estimated number of registered nurses more than double?
- Overall, how do the graphs of the age distributions for the RN workforce and the LPN workforce compare?
- Describe 2 additional pieces of information that you can read from the data displays.